Friday, January 13, 2006

New Zealand Travels...

Kia ora my favourite people!!!

Happy belated new year!!!

I hope you greeted the new year appropriately with lots of love, fun and surprises!!!

I did! He he he…

Anyway, the beginning of this email was “Kia ora” that is New Zealand’s “aloha” – their “hello”, “good bye”, “good health”, “good luck”, etc…. Speaking of NZ, it was awesome!

Don’t get me wrong, I love Aus but as friendly and cultured as the Aussies are and as stunning as the scenery is, New Zealand is TOPS!

The children of New Zealand wave all the time, they are just so lovely! The adults always smile back! And I don’t know what they don’t have to smile about! Such a small, self-sufficient and diverse country with the most amazing views. Shame about the cold says I (the warm blooded Aussie) because I would surely move there immediately to never leave….

The south island (the Mainland) is what you might imagine Middle-Earth to look like. In fact, Peter Jackson was apparently reading the Lord of the Rings books when traveling on a long train trip through NZ and imagined the stories were the history of the land, apparently there was never a question that it was going to be filmed there. The south island is home to the cleanest air I think I will ever and have ever breathed. It also had lakes and alps like piccies I have seen of Canada and has many adventure activities… I went on a mini go-kart (shut-up!), a virtual bungy jump (because the real one is too dangerous – or I am too scared….whatever….) and I climbed a glacier (a HUGE one!!!)….

The north island is what you might imagine Hobbiton to look like. (You may be asking why I keep on making Lord of the Rings references, that is because it, along with Whale Rider, King-Kong and various other great movies, was been filmed). Hobbiton, I mean, the north island did not have as dramatic scenery as the south but it did have heaps of volcanoes and mud pools and culture.

I am sorry not to write more but I don’t want to bore you. Sorry for not writing for two weeks, email just wasn’t too accessible where we went. And I am also sorry if I did not text you if I told you I would…. I cleverly left my mobile and wallet at home…. Seriously…

Love you all though and will write to you again in a week after my relaxation spa…. Tough life right now, I know….

Love you all long time.

Kristiana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home