Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vancouver to Campbell River

The trip from Vancouver to Campbell River was smooth though long.

Apparently I was quite lucky that the ocean was so glassy as it is not usually known for its calmness. The ride was so smooth despite the 'log pollution'; thousands of barkless tree trunks floating in the straight.

The sun was out and in our eyes for much of the trip providing perfect lighting for the scene. Beyond the ocean snowy mountains loomed behind alpine forests in most directions. I just enjoyed the ride, talking to curious locals who said they were keen to go to Australia at some stage (but admitting that their quiet region had just about everything they could ever need - and that is why they had grown up and stayed there).

Eventually I arrived in Campbell River and met up with my CouchSurfing Hosts (both of whom have been to Aus before) and warned me that the locals could be very 'small town'.

I then did what it seems every Canadian does on a Saturday night (or any night for that matter) - I watched the Hockey, ice (or 'real') hockey, that is.

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home