Monday, May 15, 2006

Downtown LA (or around Union Station at least)

So after crashing in East LA last night I was dropped off this morning at Union Station but like a good Aussie, I overcame my exhaustion to explore the area...

Apparently that particular area used to be part of Mexico and as a result, there are still a lot of buildings there that have been maintained old school. The architecture was definately very quaint and Latina-eque! I also really appreciated the cultural performances that were happening in the central area and the adorable markets that were happening in the alley way! I seriously felt like I was in Central or South America...

For lunch I ventured further out and found Chinatown where I had was submerged in Asia... It may have been the fact that I was so tired I ached, but I truely emerged in the absolute culture of these two themed areas today, before I came home and crashed...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to everyone applicable!!!

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home