Saturday, May 13, 2006

Venice Beach

Today my friend Kristy (from Flying Samaritans) took me to Venice Beach.

Venice Beach, you might recall, is where Thashawna and I thought we were a couple of weeks ago when we were in fact at Muscle beach.... Anyway, VENICE BEACH IS FANTASTICAL!

There are so many random little markets and local characters (mostly homeless and needing a buck). There are also some really neat little shops, especially located in and around Charlie Chaplan's old place, as per pic.

There are also pleanty of tattoo and piercing parlours, street entertainment and "up and coming" artists trying to sell their stuff on the street by playing it to you through their Walkmans...

The beach is also great! In fact it is probably the nicest Southern Californian beach I have come across (despite the Arctic waters)! Although my mate Ivan reckons I am insane for saying that beach is nice (because it is relatively unpolluted), it can't be too bad, while I was there I spotted a dolphin swim past. I ran into the water despite Kristy yelling that it was a shark and tried to clap at the water to call it in but with now luck... still cool.

Tonight my Hermanas Unidas club had their end of year banquet. I was recognised along with another Hermana, Christina as "Most Spirited Hermana!"

It is apparently now official, I got spirit, yes I do! I got spirit, how 'bout you!?

Yay!

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home