Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hollywood Adventures

Today I hauled my ass onto the Southern Californian rail system to explore Hollywood.

Two trains and lots of "hey, white girl!" stares, I got to the Hollywood and Vine stop - right on Hollywood Blvd where the star walk is!

I am SUCH a tourist! I was so excited to be there! I tried to be cool and act like everything was normal but an Asian transexual scared me a little in a costume thrift shop, just before some scientologists interrupted a phone conversation I was having to lure me into their building, followed shortly by two Indians (who thought I was Russian) sold me bananas and a guy called Dik, who sold some footage of himself surface piercing the back of his own neck (courtesy of a camera and two mirrors), tried to convince me to let him pierce me...

I eventually sought solice in Hollywood Magic at 6614 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood CA. 90028. There I think I let a couple of hours slip by as Greg, the shop owner and his delightful crew played magic tricks, tried the occassional pick-up line and kept me generally entertained. I recommend the store for good times and good tricks, it is full of great gifts, lots of friendly people with pleanty of theatrical and deceptive knowledge as well as members of the Hollywood Magic Castle!

Shout out to the shop and thanks for the fun!

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home