Thursday, April 27, 2006

Poetry Slam

All inspired by the amazing writing skills of some of my mates here (namely Cristina and Grace) as well as the talent displayed after the Social Justice Summit, I became inspired on Sunday night to experiment with my own form of poetic expression...

It was a flop.

I just didn't have a passionate place to come from and so fell asleep instead.

Monday however... Monday I had passion. Monday I was very, very frustrated. I just couldn't concentrate in class. Monday I wrote some pretty raw poetry about how I was feeling and about a super fly guy in my class.

Yesterday I got roped into a Poetry Slam. Yesterday I read my poetry from Monday to 70-odd strangers (including a judging panel). It was so scary and fun!

Comment of the night would have to be "This poetry things was going okay until you got up. Then it became really hot in here..."

Ha!

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home