Sunday, January 17, 2010

Who ever heard of a cold rainforest?!?

The average temperature for this time of year is about 5 degrees Celsius (or like 45 degrees Fahrenheit). And apparently this is rainforest climate...

I wouldn't have believed it either, but I my CouchSurfing hosts did take me on a rainforest walk and I have to admit, it did look and smell a lot like a rainforest.

It was covered in moss and mushy. It was damp and old, and just about the only differences I could notice between here and home (aside from the temperature and the animals, obviously), was a distinct lack of ground ferns (apparently more common in the tropical rainforests of Queensland and not so much the temperate rainforests of British Colombia).

Anyway, I don't understand it, but yes, despite the lack of heat, apparently I am living in a very cold rainforest. Trip!
k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home