Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Morocco!

What an adventure!

I unexpectedly had to leave Paul in Lisbon because the trains out of Portugal were full! It was so horrific but I guess these things happen for a reason...

I was scared to go to Morocco on my lonesome but I wanted to go to North Africa, I wanted to see Morocco because it is so accessible from Spain and because I may never have this opportunity again... so I did!

I caught a ferry and spoke to some backpackers for advise, they told me not to stay out after dark and to go shopping at the Medina in Tangier. I decided then and there to make this a day trip and head to the Medina for shopping... On my way I came across two lovely men who took me through the local streets, had Moroccan mint tea with me, introduced me to their children, their wives and brought me into their homes for laughter, chats and a traditional Moroccan dinner. I feel SO lucky to have meet Samir and Mustafa and have been brought into their world for 20hours!!

I don't know that I could have had a better experience!!

Thank you to my two new brothers!

Off to Barcelona!

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home