Saturday, January 23, 2010

Marlene and my new home.

I moved into Marlene's house yesterday. Marlene is an apparent ninja - one of those 60-something year old women who get's a million things done a day to keep herself busy. She is quite awesome (and bakes too!).

The new house is about a 20 minute walk from work which is great because it means I will be forced to do exercise despite the unappealing cold. Also on the way to and from work I pass the community ice-rink and swimming pool complex which hopefully means I will have an excuse to use both!

The best part about being located next to the community ice-rink and swimming pool complex is that I discovered snow (sort of)!

The significance of the snow discovery is I was requested to do three things while here and two of them involve snow. Now, being the ignorant foreigner that I am, I didn't realise that frozen pipes didn't equate to snow. (I know, it may seem strange to live with such cold conditions without the 'luxury' of being able to 'play' in snow, but that's ok...). Point is, now I can accomplish two snow related activities - 1) Make a snow angel and 2) Have a photo of Tara throwing a snowball at me (because it is should be a classic moment: very pregnant lady throwing icey weapons at the defenceless giant Aussie).

I'll post photos when the mission is accomplished!
k

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a real good website owner. The web site loading time is incredible. It seems you're doing some amazing
trick. Moreover, this article is certainly a masterpiece.
You've done a fantastic work on the matter related to cheap car rentals san jose california!

Feel free to visit my page ... Car Hire Alicante

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home