Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Titans!

There is so much student pride at CSUF. Everyone seems to own CSUF / Fullerton / Cal State and/or Titan (student body) hats, shirts, keychains, waterbottles, pens, wristbands, toys, etc.

It is really great to see people walking around and voluntarily branding themselves with their school.

I am really starting to feel like I belong here now. People seem to understand my accent better these days, I have friends who call and text me to ask what I am doing and if I want to go out, I have school accessories that I use, I run into people I know on campus and we exchange pleasantries, and I am a member of several groups.

Yes, I have mentioned my membership of the Hermanas Unidas (even though I am not Latina) and the LGBA (Lezbian, Gay, Bisexual Alliance even though I am straight) but I am also a member of the Students for Democracy (designed to re-energise the student revolution of yester-year) and the American Marketing Association!

Until now I have been unsuccessful in joining a sorority or fraternaty (yes, some frats accept girls) because the first two weeks ("rush") are introductions to the group (which I largely missed) and then there is a semester of bonding type behaviour before they may or may not invite you to join them for the following semester (which I will not be here for). However, due to some rather expert negotiation, persuasive and networking skills, I have convinced the Multicultural Sorority - Lambda Sigma Gamma, to make me a sister (the only person they are intaking this semester)!! WooOOOooo!

Now I am going to have to become one of those pretty, blonde girls....

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home