Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I (heart) NY


After a night of much appreciated partying with mates on the eve of LA Pride and my departure from California, and a brief encounter with Michael Richards of Seinfeld (Kramer) fame, I slept through a 2 hour delayed flight to New York. Courtesy of the fact that the entrie plane was filled with Aussie's I caught up on a little Aussie news and made some friends before catching a shuttle to my hostel in the Upper West Side of Manhatten.

I have been fortunate enough to be in NY at the same time as a mate from Sydney, Shasheen. Shish and I spent all Saturday being tourists and seeing the Statue of Liberty, visiting the UN headquarters, running under the Brooklyn Bridge, seeing the courts (as seen on Law and Order) - where filming of Spiderman 3 was going on, saw Chinatown, Times Square, the Rockafella centre, etc.

It was great but I was SO POOPED!

Got up the next day to go to a gospel church with a few hundred other tourists and so as you may guess, couldn't fit in. Wondered instead around Harlem for a little while before enjoying a glorious day and lunch in Central park. In the evening I made it out to Long Island to see a friend, Jackie from Aus who lives in NY for dinner. It was splendid!

I have realised how much living in the States has altered my perception of people and previously "exciting" things. People with bandanas are not scary anymore, limos are overrated and accents are worth more than you can imagine!

Those are my thoughts for now.

Right now I am in an Apple store in SoHo about to go to Bryant's park for a free summer movie. On the way I shall grab a slice of infamous NY Pizza.

Much love to everyone!!!

k
(raffie)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

Oh yah?

Oh yah...

I was trying to think of an instance when someone told me they loved me this week but that wasn't from a New Yorker... Wait! Yes, I did have a New Yorker tell me they loved me!

Jackie, who used to live with my sister in Aus (during an exchange program) had dinner with me twice this week and she told me she loved me!

Woo!

NY hearts me!

k

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home