Friday, June 16, 2006

What a character!

Montreal is interesting.

It doesn't have as much buzz as the States and there isn't a constant competition for my attention but it is a very chill city. There is heaps of amazing graffiti on street walls and cafe doors, most of it welcomed. Even through I arrived only yesterday, I have seen a few live gigs and a few closed off streets due to outdoor festival events that go all summer long.

Where I am staying (with my cousin Michael) is a student area of town so there are lots of punker kids. There is also probably a bit more English spoken around here than the rest of Montreal and definately more than Quebec (which is known for only Quebecan French in parts...).

It has been good to hang with Michael for a bit, even if he has given me a bit of crap for having an American twang, but that's okay because he is the one saying "Eh" at the end of every second sentence...

Today I made a man cry. This guy crossed the street to talk to me and five minutes later (after telling me he was adopted, satisfied with life, STD clean, has never gone for a girl younger than him - he was 35, and that he thinks that women and children are the most important things in the world, especially women - he always takes care of his women) he found out I was taken and started crying. I asked him why he was so emotionally unstable and he started on some tangent about something random and then got angry about the government trying to take away his smoking rights. (I think this was after he told me that the last tornado moved the equator and so now the Earth's off balance...)

Anyway, move on to Toronto tomorrow via shuttle and will hopefully see Niagra Falls.

Au revoir!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

He! You said "buggar" and used it in the right context!

I taught you well....

The crazy was from Quebec, they are more European than Canadian and therefore must smoke at every given opportunity - it would otherwise be an insult to his heritage.

Love you.

k

3:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home