Thursday, December 14, 2006

I may not be back in the States after all...

Santiago Canyon College, the school I am supposed to start working for in a couple of weeks, just sent me an email letting me know that their offer for employment has been revoked.

I understand that they have a right to do this. However, without a job, I have no grounds for getting a working visa. Without a visa, I can not afford to come back to the States for a visit just now...

I am INCREDIBLY upset and angry.

I already have my flights booked for the States (which I need to take back because I can't afford to go without a job), I have already been applying for visas, I have started to make arrangements for living with three great friends, I have positioned myself for a life in Southern California and now it looks like that is not going to happen.

I feel sick.

I don't want sympathy and I don't want you to be angry or upset for me. I just want to let you know on mass so I don't have to let you know one by one.

k

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 million illegal aliens would sympathize with you.

10:58 am  
Blogger Kristiāna said...

Yes, so true. But you know what, at least illgal aliens get to actually be in the States, work in the States and live there lives there. I can't even do that.

You know what though? Things always happen for a reason and I can look at this badly and dwell on how unfair I think this is or I can see what other great opportunities I have in Aus. I know I will be back in the States. I am just upset that my whole being was geared to go their now and that plan has to be put on hold....

Life could be much worse and I know that. I am eternally grateful to this universe that it is a good as it is to me.

Peace

k

9:53 pm  
Blogger DM em Caracas said...

Hey Kris! We have this saying in Portugal that says: "when God closes a door, He always opens a window." Just look for you window and you'll probably find something that suits you best.
Merry Xmas!

9:23 pm  
Blogger Kristiāna said...

Thanks Diogo!

You are so right!

How was the farm?

Sending you love and a hug!

k

5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home