Friday, September 07, 2007

When a good Samaritan offers... Take a taxi...

I had just finished handing out resumes to look for temporary work at a shopping conglomeration near the airport (because I had heard that there were plenty of jobs for sale) when I came across a few people obviously having issues trying to get a taxi to the airport, not to far away.

I offered my services and they all gratefully accepted my offer. In the front was me and Craig. Craig's Mrs, Amy was 5 months pregnant and in the back seat with Linda and Farey, two Asian sisters who live in Northern Queensland and who had evidently enjoyed their shopping experience. Upon leaving the parking lot I drove through an unmarked round about onto a road I presumed would take me to the airport. Apparently it didn't. It did however, take us AROUND the airports (yes, both the international and domestic airports), some aeroplane maintenance building, through some unlit and unpopulated back roads and eventually out to the marine park ("What marine park?" I hear you ask, I have no idea...) at which point the consensus was to turn around (especially because my gas light had come on to warn me I was very, very low on fuel).

40 minutes later, a drive through a random little village ("Brisbane has villages?!" you're asking... I didn't think so either...), back to the base of the Gateway Bridge, along the motorway and past where we started to go less than five minutes down the road to the airport, I got them onto their pre-booked flights which they had pre-cautiously left ample time to get to. Good thing.

Moral: When a good Samaritan offers to take you a short distance, stick with the taxi... Unless of course you enjoy this sort of thing, which apparently my guests did, because they paid me!

Wait... Maybe they thought it was like a kidnapping pay off... Opps...

k

2 Comments:

Blogger Lena Woo said...

LMAO!!! Hey, you tried! And as always, letting YOU drive always end up in some adventure! :o)

I just get us lost, and sometimes almost killed if we're in San Fran :P

Loves you!

3:20 am  
Blogger Kristiāna said...

He he...
Good times...
k

10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home