Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Hawaiian adventure thus far...

Friday I was introduced to a black sand beach. It was beautiful and cocooned within some lava rock walls. There I worked really hard (on my tan) and caught up with my friend Veronika, who I am staying with.

Saturday Veronika, her husband Patrick, and her friend Venessa and I went sailing. We saw a whale shortly after leaving the harbour - it was gorgeous! I also managed to score myself a date on Thursday with a coast guard, to go swimming with dolphins. This date later became less exciting when I was able to leap off the boat into the water after some wild dolphins and hear and see them beside and below me. Woo!
That night we went to a quarterly solstice event called Artesia at a naturalist's house. There were heaps of people there all to listen, dance and showcase their respective talents in a mini outdoor festival event. It was a lovely evening.

Sunday I ran away to the other side of the Big Island with Venessa to Kalani, a health retreat. From there I hitchhiked into a Sunday afternoon drumming circle on a nearby beach with a lady who had just painted her car because she didn't want to clean it... There were a couple of hundred people at the beach and the more intense the drums became, the more wild dolphins would leap out of the ocean, it was really spectacular. I sat and chatted to an artist called Jim Franklin who is a surrealist. He told me about not taking lava away from the island and not throwing rocks out to sea because it is extremely bad luck. Good things will happen however, if you bring things to Hawaii... I walked back to Kalani after the drumming circle and that night previewed an aerial performance by a lady who teaches aerial acrobatics to Cirque du Soleil performers. She was amazing. Following her show and question time I took part in a group healing session. I don't think my energy fields became unblocked or my detached self became realigned but it was an interesting process all the same...

Monday I discovered "my happy place" in front of Kalani. It is a spot enclosed by the rainforested hinterland, on the shallow lava cliffs of the island, overlooking the sea. I called out an aloha to the sea and two seals popped their heads out of the water. It was a very calming and spiritual place to be. I sat on a swing there for a good hour or so and felt cleansed.
Later in the afternoon Venessa took me to a hot pool where we and a few shrimp and some locals chilled together. We then went into town and I met some local "Punatics" who shared their theories about weather control, bombing and other conspiracies with me. The lava then called and we had a mini adventure over what used to be a town before the Volcano goddess reclaimed the land... a relaxing and recharging stop at some natural steam vents for a natural sauna and we headed back to Honoka'a.

Yesterday I started a detox/cleanse. Veronika and I also went for an exploration of the most gorgeous valley I have ever seen. Pololu is the type of place you imagine.
Stunning, steep, lush-green lava cliffs making room for a water collective out to soft, silky black sand. A place where light hinterland and swings mean lava rock beaches and all worldly concerns are resolved.

We left late afternoon and planted a tree at the place where Artesia had been held on Saturday before watching the sun set from the harbour and a energizing lightning storm threatened to come over from Maui.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

Lots of pics... Check!
Pineapples..... No check.

Unfortunately the balding pony-tailed security guard at the small outdoor airport in Kona confiscates all fruit from unsuspecting intercontinental tourists...

Lava you too!

k

3:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home