Thursday, March 16, 2006

Orange County is my new home


Yup, it is official. Orange County is now officially my home away from home. I had to travel outside the States, connect with a lot of new and international friends, and live here 6(ish?) weeks to realise that Fullerton, Orange County is my home!

Oh yeah, the conference was great. Unfortunately, due to my flight dramas I missed the first day, but the amount of food I consumed and the people I met over the second and last day made up for that...

It was really great to hear about all the opportunities available to women in the world right now, even if they are largely tokenistic openings. Women seem to be making amazing progress for themselves in their local, national and international community, utilising all resources, positions and networks available to them!

The panel session I was presenting in (during the last session of the last day) didn't go as I had anticipated because a lot of the ideas I had to bring to the session had already been discussed in prior sessions. However, I was able to facilitate an open dialogue between the people that came to my session and we explored how to implement and/or improve our individual projects for change in our respective countries. I found it to be a fulfilling session.

I was also offered a few jobs while at the conference; one doing marketing for Red Bull in the UAE, one doing corporate social responsibility work with Oracle in Saudi Arabia, and one in media and/or advertising with friends in Pakistan. Woo!

Got home safely after managing a little bit of shopping and dinner with my cousin Anna in London before coming home extremely jet lagged (and glad to be home in the OC).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home