Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

I am really surprised at how little a deal Easter is over here (especially since I have already mentioned how completely Christian this place is compared to home...). In fact, Good Friday is practically ignored, the shops don't really sell Easter Eggs or decorate and Monday isn't even a holiday!

Either way, I had a fantastic weekend with my American family.

It was spent in Orange County, Hollywood and Long Beach...

Although I piked on party plans for Friday night (because I fell asleep early and was only woken up 14 hours later...), I was left refreshed and ready for action on Saturday. Saturday I was invited by a mate, Cristina, to go to a firing range. Even though I am a total lover (not a fighter), I have been interested in going to a firing range ever since I heard Buddy 'The real estate king' say to Caroline in American Beauty, "When I get like that, I fire a gun" (in reference to her being "so stressed out"). Anyway, I did it. It was horrible. it is now an experience I can cross off my list. Along with being shot. Yes, Cristina, my "mate", shot me. Well, sort of. It wasn't really AT me but a fragment of bullet became imbedded in my right hand ring finger all the same...

Below is a photo of us all before I was shot...


Saturday arvo I made Cristina park at a shopping complex next to a burst water main I discovered so I could strip down into my underwear and run through the water fountain. Cristina was already edgy about the 50 or so randoms standing around watching me do this and so made me put on a pair of boardies and top she had in her car.... it was such a "it's raining men!" moment! Woo!



Saturday night I drove past the most amazing houses in Beverly Hills on the way to The House of Blues in Hollywood. It was a night filled with great music, much drama and pleanty of stories... However I shall cut a ridiculously long email into a shorter one and just tell you that the music was rad and the people interesting and the night fun. I shall also tell you, as I tend to do, that Cyprus Hill was at the House of Blues that night, not performing, just chilling upstairs in The Foundation Room where my crew spent a lot of our night...

Easter Sunday was the maddest day of all. It was spent gayly with familiar and new friends who knew that I am lacking family over here and would likely otherwise be alone. With this insane group of weird and wonderful lezbians I proceeded to dance, chat, chill, laugh, play dominos, and a card game called dirty pig while getting stupidly drunk on margaritas and tequila's.

A great big fat thank you to Cristina and Zena for Saturday's fun and games, and a gigantic thank you and "what up dawg!" to Brigitte, Blue and crew for Sunday BBQ jollies!

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home