Saturday, April 08, 2006

Getting involved.

I decided to stop pledging for the sorority I was pledging for yesterday because it was just taking up so much more time and energy than I expected. I think the connections I have been able to form with the amazing people I have been interacting with in the various clubs I have joined have allowed me to form my own little American family and made me question my interaction with a sorority...

It was interesting participating in a pledging process though and I am grateful to the girls that let me into their worlds.

Today I took a mate of mine to the on-campus arbaritum. It was nice to get back to nature but I was really surprised at how little my mate, Thashawna knew about the natural world... Highlight of the day would have to be when I took out my camera to take a photo of Thashawna climbing a tree for the first time. Just when she was reaching for an orange so we could eat it, an ant crawled across her hand and she FREAKED OUT. Moment was captured below...

Love her but could not resist laughing until it hurt...

This weekend I am volunteering with the Flying Samaritans in El Tecate, a poor border town in Mexico. I will be one of about 25 volunteers who will be carpooling to a makeshift medical clinic to help treat people who would otherwise not receive any advise and assistance.

Should be good.

k

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

It is no secret beastish!

I thought you knew of this blog from my emails and from the feebleminded group...

Welcome all the same!!

p.s. HOT!

k

10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home