Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Berlin

I left Toronto on a flight with two items of checked in luggage (one weighing 30kgs and the other weighing 14kg) and two items of hand luggage (a backpack and a handbag). Upon switching to a cheap flight in London to get to Germany I was allowed one item of checked in luggage weighing 20kgs max and one item of hand luggage.

Eee!
I am not sure how I did it. But I actually managed to check in one item of luggage at 26.5kg (which resulted in a 30pound excess weight allowance charge) and one item of hand luggage, plus handbag. I have no idea how I didn't have to leave anything behind but I can tell you that wearing jeans under a long skirt with the heaviest shoes I own, two shirts, a jumper and a jacket as well as a scarf on a 1 hour and twenty minute flight gets hot. However! When you look like a pregnant woman (because you are dressed strangly and have a belly absolutely STUFFED full of jumpers, you get treated pretty nicely...
;)

Anyway, I am safely in Berlin now, at an internet computer, having just spent a really warm day in German sun with thousands of crazy Europeans cheering for Germany in the FIFA game against Equador (3:0).

I am about to feast on watermellon before watching another game and then crashing in bed.

Love you all and had a little teary yesterday because I missed you! But Bjorn is here to take of me and so everything is going a-ok!

Take care of your good selves!

k

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

I don't yet understand why you support Brazil so much.... anyhu, I still love you...

k

2:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home