Monday, October 16, 2006

My perfect weekend

Saturday morning I woke up in time for a quick breakfast with Saturday morning music videos (something I LOVE) before packing wetsuit, long board and other suitable day trip things, in preparation for a beach day.

On the Gold Coast the sun brightly glimmered above, wind gently blew a comfortingly warm day through my hair, soft white sand flirted with turquoise, blue and green waves that were tipped with white bubbles and life guards attentively managed everyone in the water. I got caught in a little rip but that just talk me to calmer water where I floated a little before swimming to the side and coming to the shore just as a red and yellow capped life guard started entering the water to rescue me if I had needed it.

I then met Clare for lunch at the Surfers Paradise Surf Club before catching up more over shopping escapades.

Before daylight could negotiate sunset in exchange for night I headed up to the mountains and did a little treck through the rainforest. As darkness started to settle in around me I noticed more and more dancing lights around me. This was really exciting because I realised I had never been comfortably in the rainforst at night before and what better place to be in the rainforest than the setting of Fern Gully!

I caught a dancing light and realised that it was one of perhaps millions of little glowbugs that were making magic around me. I sat down for a bit and listened to the rainforest sounds around me; the frog croaks, woody creeks and leafy rustles. I was able to make out a couple of possums sleepily making their way out of their homes and before the mozzies could start making to much of a feast out of me, I left for night mischief to take over...

On the drive down from Mt Tamborine I kept on staring and the starry, starry night beyond the canopy above and was reminded of a desert drive back from Vegas with my friend Natasha in the States. Oh the contrast.

Sunday I made my way to the multicultural fiesta that was going on in the largest sub-tropical rainforest in a city, in the world. It was such a beautifully hot day to be shared with people from all different backgrounds, races and ethnicities over global music, food and artistic projects. It was a really, really beautiful day that gave me a chance to hang out with my mates Bure and Josh, as well as my cousin Jane.

Afterwards Josh and I were walking back to the car when we discovered an equisitely positioned abandoned church at Kelvin Grove. As I do, I moved a fence and convinced Josh to come and explore with me. It was just a beautiful place with amazing views of Bris-vegas!

Josh then drove me back to dad's place but before I went inside the building I could hear music playing from the RiverStage. I discovered the 'Thank God It's Over' Festival happening and proceeded to climb a four story building to dance on the rooftop and watch into the venue. From the roof I spotted a girl do a ninja roll under a fence and into the venue and before the Hilltop Hoods could finish their set I climbed down from the building and did the same.

This was possibly the most perfect weekend I have had.

Loving everything this amazing Earth has for those that choose to enjoy it!

Mahalo!

kristiana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home