Sunday, December 31, 2006

Wonderful Woodford

The results are in: Woodford is the most awesome festival EVER!

Perhaps a little on the pricey side, this festival is well worth the money spent on entering!

Things I love about Woodford:
1. In the two days and one night I was there I learnt; how to play with giant puppets, do new hip-hop dance moves, learn more about an eco-friendly investment retreat in the mountains, body contact tricks for fire twirling and how powerful each one of us is (we just need to recognise it).
2. I laughed hard at a comedian, listened to some poetry, watched some local short films, danced to international acts and was asked out by a performer known as "Scottie the Hottie".
3. In a supreme live music scene, I was introduced to the wonderful tunes of emerging and established Aussie acts like Blue King Brown, DJ Blitz and MC_S, Xavier Rudd, Ash Grumwald, Leo, John Butler Trio, That1Guy and Ganga Giri.
4. I met a girl who did not have a bank account or a formal education but paid for her and her partner's rent by creating commission art works and weaved baskets that she started doing three years ago. She also grew all her own food in a box at her place and did not shake hands but instead 'make spirals'.
5. I smiled and made peace signs and dozens of people and sent of little prayers for a more peaceful existance with thousands of others after many wonderful performances.
6. I was able to sleep on a hilltop under the stars and wake to the sunrise without any problems.
7. Despite the fact that nearly 60,000 people were at Woodford, I did not see any fights and saw next to no pollution.
8. I made new friends because we happened to sit next to each other or be ordering from the same food stall or because we had enjoyed the same performances.
9. I could dance in mud and get really filthy and feel totally great afterwards.
10. I found peace.

My favourite quote at Woodford this year was a quote I heard from many people throughout my time there, "If the world was more like Woodford, how much more excellent would this world be..."

k

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

LOVE GENERATION!!!!!

Miss you!

k
p.s. I guess Scottie is a hottie... actually there is no guesswork, he is a hottie.

1:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home