Friday, September 14, 2007

I am a fool.

For years I have been telling you all that work is for fools, and now karma has grabbed a hold of my finances and run, forcing me into temporary employment. My goal is to fatten up my bank account while resisting a brain melt over thought melting administrative duties... This is much harder than it sounds...

Sigh. I have a supervisor who probably does no more than an hour of work a day and is in the middle of planning a holiday, as most of my team knows because she interrupts us every few minutes to tell us of new location and pricing deals. I am surrounded by people at their career peak (in the call centre) who complain about their 60 year old neighbours who call the police on them for having parties and driving loud vehicles. I work in an environment where I got cautioned that I was 'Under Investigation' for comforting my friend during my lunch break in the quietest and most inconspicuous part of the parking lot (while people in my building, 200 meters away stopped working to peak through shutters and say 'Oh my god, look!' and report us to the ground security staff).

Sigh.

I don't want to be a fool anymore.

k

2 Comments:

Blogger “Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife” said...

Darling, hang in there. Better things will come your way. I understand your situation entirely, as I was in it myself. I worked for a large organisation's call centre, inbound albeit, but found it really hard on my spirit – particular when I feel so full of life force to dedicate my life to community issues and social justice, as you are.
I promised myself I'd stay only 2-3 months, until I found something else, but that ended up being 6 months.
If you're "Under Investigation" listen to this: upon suggesting some freelance work to my supervisor she snapped back at me to say "It's not all about you, you know." Horrible woman.
Even now, I'm a long way off my ideal career, but it's all a progression. I know good things will come our way. We will reap what we sew.

x Sette

1:39 pm  
Blogger Kristiāna said...

What is with bitter people?!
Are they so narrow minded that they forget to enjoy life and make it their mission to make yours miserable?!

What is disturbing though is that most of the organisations in this world employee such people and in doing so, stifle the excellence that could potentially be...

Gah, California, here I come...

k

12:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home