Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Amsterdam

Amsterdam was a bit of a shock to me after so many weeks of Eastern European travel and a few days recovery at a little town. I felt so overwhelmed by all the tourists in the street!

However, I quickly became distracted by clogs that were for sale, a church that was playing host to a fashion exhibition and Pride in Amsterdam! Actually, it is really exciting to be in the gay centre of Europe for Pride, even if it is only the end of celebrations!

My friend Veronika (the one I stayed with in Hawaii) and I wondered around Amsterdam looking at shops, street life, the red light district and China town before meeting up with Casper, his boyfriend Matt and his little sister Rosa at a Pride wind-down party at 'Homomonument'.

It was such a pleasant, weird and entertaining day. Although we didn't have any space cakes, hash or mushrooms, the street vibes was friendly and random - a great combination, I think.

I really like Amsterdam, we'll be back tomorrow...

Meanwhile, yesterday we woke up to Casper's gorgeous grandparents guest house. It is a eco-house that is situated next to a little river and in amongst some cared for gardens. After admiring our surrounds all morning we all set off cycling around the countryside for a rainy afternoon. It was really, really lovely despite the fact I was eventually swiming in my own shoes...

Anyway, point is, I LOVE HOLLAND and I thank Casper's family eternally for their wonderful hospitality!

k

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

Will post as soon as I can muchacha.

Mwah back!

k

9:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! the big shoe!

8:21 am  
Blogger Kristiāna said...

Yeah... apparently the Dutch are the tallest people in the world.

I on the otherhand got back to my inner child....`There once was a lady who lived in a shoe...'

k

1:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home