Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Kiev

After a 32 hour train journey I got my wallet stolen this morning. It was pickpocketed out of my bag on a very crowded local train.

I noticed just as soon as there was room enough for me to look at my bag (which was open). I ran off the train, after the man that had been standing next to me, grabbed him from behind and yelled, "You took my wallet!!".

The man dropped it on the ground and raised his hands and looked at me as if to say, "What? I did nothing?!".

I picked up my wallet, thumped him and yelled again before he walked off and I got back on another train...

Damn. That was close...

Meanwhile, I just learnt that the Ukrainian government is currently non-existent and has not been for the last 6 months... Tomorrow is the last day for the president to decide what to do.... Should be interesting...


We are safe though, staying with one of Casper's friends. We leave in a few days.

k

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

Yeah, last night was the decider night for the president. After 6 months of thinking, a verdict HAD to be decided last night. It wasn't.

It is likely the parliament will resume and arguments will ensue... Hopefully Ukraine will not be delivered back into Russian hands...

I love you too chicka!

Back to Netherlands this arvo!

k

6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home