Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bye-Bye Berlin (Take 2)

I think we established a few weeks ago that travel plans are made to be broken, replanned and then negotiated...

Tomorrow I am going to Prague (Czech Republic). From there it looks like I will go to Bratislava (Slovakia). From there I will either go straight to Zurich (Switzerland) or to Zurich via Vienna (Austria)...

How lucky do I feel to be able to make and break plans, that one of my biggest problems right now, is where to sightsee??

I am feeling especially lucky today. I feel lucky to be alive, to be born in the time that I was at the place that I was! I feel lucky to be educated and smart and going places!

I just visited a very moving and informative memorial in Berlin. I feel lucky.

I usually avoid dark tourism but I was kind of drawn to this information centre. I learnt a lot about the war and read some personal accounts from Jews in that time. It was absolutely horrible what these people went through. I find it so scary and sad that people actually committed these sorts of attrocities against other people due to different beliefs or even just plain old 'differences'. I was thinking how glad I am that we have moved on and not affected by this stuff anymore when I reflected on the current Palistinian conflict...

We live is such a weird and wonderful world and I am so glad that I was born when I was. I am certain I would have been murdered if I was in Poland, Romania, Northern Greece, Germany, Austria or any other of the numourous places affected by the Nazies during their occupation. I would have been murdered because I would have been helping those who I felt were being so wronged... That is aweful...

I feel lucky.

Sending everyone lots of love.

See you in ten minutes.

k

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

Ditto chicka!

Ditto.

k

2:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home