Monday, August 21, 2006

Laa la-la....

Gah Czech, like many European countries, for having a different keyboard which I am unfamiliar with... It takes so long to write things!!

Okay, so I told you all I caught a train from Berlin to Prague the other day through beautiful countryside, past a river housing multicoloured German lodge type houses and glorious mountains. When I arrived into the Prague trainstation, which is located outside of the city, I had nowhere to stay because a reservation I had made fell through.... I got some info from a nice hostel information guy lurking around the station and harrassed three Spanish guys. I ended up following the Spanish guys to their hostel which is actually a school usually, but during holidays a hostel. We ended up staying together with three Slovakian guys in the Art room. Fun!

That night I met two girls from Amsterdam who are the type of fun, gorgeous, girls who look like they get into a LOT of trouble but actually never do because they are who they are... We went out to the biggest club in Europe, 6 floors of all sorts of music with an unfortunate ratio of about 10 or 12 talentless European men to each woman... It was actually pretty fun until we saw a 55ish year old man drunk on the 4th floor naked, covered in mud and blood, be thrown out.... Oh, and the fight at the end of the night.

Because the clubs stay open til 6am here, I got 2.5 hours sleep before deciding to accompany some other nice people I met to the Tezen former concentration camp yesterday. I know that impressive is the wrong word but I can't think of a better word just now for the state of the facility and the way the town was taken over and run by the nazies. It was really aweful...

After a chinese dinner and getting quite lost courtesy of the tram system (where no one buys tickets), I came back to my hostel to meet new and familiar people and crash.

Today is a gorgeous day and the internet room is located next to the music room in this school/hostel so someone is playing the piano... How cute!

I'll be going into the main square shortly to be a real tourist...

It's a beautiful day here and I hope it is wherever you are too!

k

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

OH WOW!

Graduating so soon! That is so cool! That should definately give your arguement for that class you need weight, right??

Then we can party til 6am and beyond before adult working lives impinge....

Love you!

k

2:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home