Saturday, August 26, 2006

Conincidences...

Bratislava has gotten to me... I love it.

It is a nice break from the crowds and tourists of some of the other cities I have been in recently and the hostel I am in is really homely, something I was really needing right now (plus the communal area has some AWESOME tribal house music playing constantly!).

Actually, it has been a bit of a surreal experience here... After eight and a half months away from Aus, I have not run into anyone I know at random, here I met three people I knew at total random!

1) When I was in Berlin I wrote a blog about seeing the Italy v. Australia World Cup natch from the fan mile in front of the Brandenburg Gate. There were millions of people there and most sporting* costumes. Consequently, there were many professional photographers. I tried to get the contact details of photographers I caught taking my photo and got them to email me a copy of the pics. As it turns out, and after a random set of questions and a really good memory for faces, I realised that I had had my photo taken with this random Aussie who was staying in this hostel in Bratislava with me on my first night here!

2) Next morning I was on the internet in the hostel and in walks this other Aussie girl that had been staying in the same hostel with me in Prague! She was supposed to be going travelling elsewhere and instead came to Slovakia and just happened to be staying in the same place!

3) Today, I was just about to leave for daily explorations of the town and in walks a girl from New York who was staying in the same hostel as Casper and I in Krakow, Poland!

This may not seem like such a big deal to you all but for someone who has been starved recently of familiar faces, this is a HUGE deal and enough to weird me out a little...

Glad for the familiarity though!

On to Vienna tomorrow and then Zurich.

Love to everyone!

raff

*no punn intended.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristiāna said...

Really??

Wow, I heard about the 18 people being arrested a couple of weeks ago but I didn`t know there were still problems...

I hope flights to other places aren`t affected.... I hope flights to the States aren`t affected from Aus...

Love your guts!

k

6:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home