Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fun things in Bris-vegas!

One of the things I love about Brisbane is that there is so much going on!

It is one of those small big cities where if you come to visit and you don't know anyone, you could think there was nothing to do, but when you are a local or have a local showing you around, you realise that there is something happening all the time!!

For example, on Saturday night everyone was so happy I had come back to town that the State government spent millions on a very celebratory and welcoming display called RiverFire*. It was a wonderful event that I really appreciated!

The fireworks than kicked off some massive street and club parties all around the city and my favourite local band, The Resin Dogs, were even playing (for free I might add) at a popular pub!

Sunday night I went clubbing in the city. Unlike LA, Brissy clubs are open until 5am so it was nice to be able to go out, release some much pent up energy and boogy away my Sunday night and Monday morning!

Monday night I went past a juggling club doing their thing and inviting everyone around to participate.

Tomorrow night I might head down to Orleigh Park by the river for fire-twirling fun.

Then Friday is Moonfest!
Moonfest is a drug and alcohol free gathering at the Moora Park Shorncliffe foreshore, every full moon. People of all ages and walks of life bring instruments, drums, fire toys, twirly whirly toys and magic makers, dress up costumes, friends, fun and dancing shoes to the beach to festive away the night underneathe the full moon.

I am having a bit of a pagen week this week I think...

Love Brisbane!
It's nice to be back.

Kristiana
*RiverFire is rumoured to actually be a celebration for Queensland - "The Sunshine State: Good one day, perfect the next"... whatever...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to play a role in making the world a better place to live

Funny aim for a 24/7 party girl

12:44 pm  
Blogger Kristiāna said...

Ohh come now... Life wouldn't be a balance if people didn't have their releases now would it?!?

Besides, you know you love to party as much as me!!

Don't deny it!!
;)

And anyways, how am I not making the world a better place when I am out and enjoying talented people's music and dancing to with strangers??

Boogie more!

k

6:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home