Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good luck Mon

Today I was fortunate enough to have a chat with one of my students about getting involved in community work. She had heard about some of the stuff I have been, and am currently working on and requested a meeting. I listened to what she had to say and encouraged her to voice a dream of hers to make a difference that she had never told anyone (for fear that it was too big a task to be realised). I was astounded at the achievability of her dream. A dream, that from experience, could take as little as two or three months to be attained.

How exciting!

It was such a privilege to be able to tell this student, from a credible position, that she was not only able to achieve her dream, but that she has the freedom to think much, MUCH bigger.

THIS is why I LOVE teaching... I am seriously considering how excellent it would be to become an academic...

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home