Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thank you Professor Mary Joyce

I found out today that my favourite professor at Cal State Fullerton passed away in December. Professor Mary Joyce was an awesome teacher for me. She was passionate, inspiring and genuine. She took an interest in her students and was committed to their achievement. She was the type of woman who instils a desire to learn, an excitement to pursue and a confidence to succeed that only a good teacher can. Professor Mary Joyce also allowed me to talk with her openly about her cancer and ongoing treatments and in doing so, allowed me to reflect and subsequently overcome some personal issues. I let her know all of this at the end of semester and tried to maintain contact with her during my travels. Last I had heard from her, she had just had an amazing adventure in South Africa. My deepest sympathies go out to her family, especially her husband who she spoke so fondly of, the Cal State community and the global village that Professor Joyce touched and would have touched. I want to thank her again for teaching me so much and being a wonderful inspiration.

Sincerely

Kristiana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home